Our Mission Statement
Recognizing the Bible as God’s authoritative word and Christ’s great commission as binding, Reformed Heritage Church, as empowered by the Holy Spirit, has as its mission:
- To glorify God through worship, fellowship, and evangelism
- To train and equip God’s people to be self-governing disciples of Jesus Christ
- To promote and employ a multigenerational vision to disciple the nations and develop God’s earth for His glory and for the good of man
What’s in Our Name?
While the tenets of the Reformed faith are inherent throughout Scripture, it was during the 16th and 17th centuries that men such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Knox presented these Biblical truths in applicable and concise principles. These men and others risked their lives to eradicate false doctrines from the Roman Catholic Church. Their lives and words fueled the Protestant Reformation. The Reformers taught that man was saved by God’s grace alone (sola gratia) through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ (sola fide). They believed that all teachings and doctrines should be based solely on the Scriptures (sola Scriptura), and emphasized that man’s chief end is to glorify God alone (soli Deo gloria).
God encourages us through the exemplary lives of the Reformers. Their unfailing faith and unwavering resistance are our heritage. Reformed Heritage Church seeks to honor God and His kingdom through the solid and uncompromising preaching of His infallible Word while applying that teaching to every area of daily life.
Statement of Purpose
Reformed Heritage Church of San Jose is a body of believers in covenant with the triune God. He has chosen us to be His people and has brought us into His kingdom through the sacrificial death of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are dedicated to obedience to God’s infallible Holy Word. We are devoted to: the teaching of both the Old and New Testaments; corporate and family worship; fellowship; the communion of saints; prayer; and a ministry of justice and mercy, and evangelism and discipleship, so that together, through the work of the Holy Spirit, we might attain maturity and a place of useful service in Christ’s righteous reign over all His created order.
What We Believe: Our Doctrine
RHC teaches that the Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God. Our doctrine is rooted in the Reformation of the 16th century and in the Westminster Confession of Faith and its catechisms of the 17th century.
We believe that:
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- God is the triune Creator who is distinct from His creation.
- Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, virgin born, totally sinless, and bodily resurrected; has ascended to the throne of the universe; and is coming again to establish His eternal reign in new heavens and a new earth.
- Salvation from both the penalty and power of sin is exclusively by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- God chose those whom He willed to be His children before the world was ever formed.
- God is absolutely sovereign over all of history.
- Mankind’s chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.